Quick question on fuel mixture screw.

bcbobbers

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Just wondering if part Part #48-5011, would work in my carbs on my 81 xs400 special? I'm assuming it will since the xs650 that this mixture screw is for the bs34. Mikes xs says that it Fits: XS650G/H/SH/SJ/SK/SL (1980-84). So if anyone knows if this mixture screw w spring, washer, and o-ring is the correct one for my bike and if not does anyone know where to get one for our bikes?

I just ordered the set from mikes that they listed for the BS34's. The screws i received were a little shorter than the existing ones in my carbs. I had just removed the factory plugs, so I know that the existing screws were stock. I just used the new oring, washer and spring on my existing screws. I would double check with mikesxs.

I just went into the garage and checked the package my screws came in. They sent me part no 48-5014. That's different than the part number you listed. The funny thing is I only ordered the oring and washer, but they sent the screws and springs also. That may be why my screws were the wrong size.

Finding complete rebuild kits for the xs400 is challenging. After extensive research the only place I was able to find that lets you order online is http://motorradbay.de/

They appear to have, by far, the best selection for the xs400. The downside, of course, is that they are in Germany as far as I can tell.

I have not ordered from here before, but I am pretty sure someone on the boards here has.

I have yet to see another store like mikesxs that is willing to sell individual parts to the extent they do.

the 80-84 xs650 bs34 carbs and the 80-82 xs400(sohc) bs34 carbs are the same other than linkage and fuel lines, plus jet size stuff. I have rebuilt a bunch of both.

Back