Safety reminder!

DanMach

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
A guy I know, who is not me(*cough), was trying to get an EXTREMELY stubborn oil bolt off his bike this afternoon. He had his (not mine.. I swear!) bike on the center stand and was all ready to finally get this fucking bolt off. Had the replacement ready to go and everything.

So there he was, all prepped to do it, and he put the extractor socket on it which FINALLY has a great grip on the bolt. He goes to yank on it, and its not budging. So he gets a better position on it and starts yanking harder and harder when suddenly the ratchet seems to shift...

Panic'd he looks up to see his bike falling onto him.

Thankfully that guy managed to catch it in time and prevent it from crushing him..

but still! Everyone be careful out there working on there bike!

........it was me :(

Next time try from the other side, that way it won't fall on you. Getting a bit of help on stubborn nuts and bolts can make a world of difference. Even the better half to help steady it.
Leo

Help is a good idea! I had my mom steady the frame when I dropped the engine in :laugh: :thumbsup:

Oh man, I just about fell off my chair laughing. The only reason I laugh is because the exact same thing happened to me.
I was pushing so hard at a stubborn bolt and then there was finally movement, so I celebrated. Unfortunately, as I raised my hands in victory I watched my bike topple over onto my driveway. Solution was to move to the other side of the bike. As I felt the bike shift, I went to raise my hands in victory (again). What actually happened was I got my hands about half way up and had to stop to catch my bike falling on me.

Back