She Needs a Wash and I'm a Newb

robindean

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
It's time to wash my first bike for the first time. I'm not looking to get 'er ready for the showroom, just a meet and greet at the local gathering. Hence, a couple of newb questions.

My hopes would be that using the local corner hand wash would suffice. I'm not talking about riding 'er through the automatic jet wash LOL. I'm talking about those high pressure water hoses with the different foam settings that I operate manually.

My fall back is a bucket of water and baby-soap with a garden hose rinse.

Are either a bad idea? What's the quickest way to clean without damaging 'er electrical/mechanical makeup?

bad idea, those bearings will get the grease blasted out of them.

get Muc-off its really good stuff! and I use a leaf blower to dry the beast, neighbours love me :D

The wand is OK, but stick to the low pressure foam, the brush and the low pressure rinse and don't shoot water up the intakes.

personally, I use ye olde bucket and hose. I use a leaf blower to dry also...a nice 2 stroke gas powered blower- just like all my neighbors so it's all good.

bad idea, those bearings will get the grease blasted out of them.

get Muc-off its really good stuff! and I use a leaf blower to dry the beast, neighbours love me :D

Is this that product that you just spray on and wash off with a water hose? I did a google search but nothing specific comes up.

I usually leave the bike running while I clean it at the local car wash. That way, you know if something is sucking in water or if there is bad electrics somewhere.

That was funny. I clicked on the linky and watched it type it all in for me and all. Cool link. (i'll use one like it on my wife) :D

Back