So Damn Load!

Loud pipes are nice and can make a bike sound like its much bigger and more powerful than it really is:laugh: You need to have fair amount of back pressure and expansion area for the gasses to go to get the full peak performance out of an engine (at all rpm's).

I ended up packing the mufflers with stainless scrub pads. Just one in each muffler. I haven't really been able to hear them on the 360 as I am waiting for new carb boots, but I did mount them on one of my XS1100's and they sounded much better. I actually think I may go with them on that as well. I did see emgo sells a baffle. We'll see how it sounds this weekend.

My emgo shorty pipes came with removable baffles. There was a skimpy amount of fiberglass in them, so I just repacked them with better stuff.

I have been running straight pipes for about a year now. Although its been pretty rad, I have started to loose my hearing. Any suggestions on a reasonably priced muffler that wont make my bike sound like it runs off of raisin bran. I still wanna be rude in the streets.

I have been running straight pipes for about a year now. Although its been pretty rad, I have started to loose my hearing. Any suggestions on a reasonably priced muffler that wont make my bike sound like it runs off of raisin bran. I still wanna be rude in the streets.

Weld a washer to the ends.

Quick question:

so i know (form reading here) that longer pipes help with top end power while short pipes help with low end power and that stock exhaust typically yield the best performance.

when we're talking about pipe length are we including the muffler? or just the header pipe up until the muffler is attached?

I have a stock system, but i'd like to either angle the muffler up a bit, or get a shorter muffler, but i don't want to mess with the performance (happy with how it is)

Back