Someone in the UK needs to buy this....

Wolfe_11B

XS400 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
sorry, they are not worth 4k.
I spent 3.5k on my resto and got £1300 its the way peeps see these things.

turn it into a deus ex machine and you will get that ;)

That's crazy money for any xs400. Maybe if it was the first one ever made. I think a bike like that would be worth around $2k-2.5k dollars but thats about it. Here in the u.s. it looks the same (other than color) as the 77-D xs400. It's weird how they made older models for longer in other countries.

Well an XS400 isn't worth that much in general. It's that specific XS400 that's worth that much. Maybe I've been hanging out with the VJMC guys too much. But that would be a show winning original bike in the scene. To a collector in the vintage world, that bike is worth more than what they are charging, simply based on the mileage and condition. I mean I haven't seen it in person, put from what I can see in the pics, there is not a flaw.

Any bike is worth what someone is willing to pay. Hipsters pay big money for crap!!:laughing: Personally I would not put more than in or buy a xs400 for more than $2k. Three of mine have less than $1200 each in them. The factory correct original 79 2-f I have has around 2k in it inculding the purchase price. But that was over 17years of work. :)

Back