tire sizes for stock rims '76 xs360

chrispyweld

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Hey all got a question for you. My buddy is building me my first bike, a 1976 xs360 that he picked up cheap and is dialing in for me. Going with a cafe style bike for daily driving short distances from home to work/school.

The Front rim is marked 3x18 and I wanted to know if i could fit a coker 18 x .350 on there? If not how wide can I go in the stock rims and forks. It might get an upgrade to a xs650 front end he has lying around. I assume that would change clearances but not the rim size. Same question for the rear marked 3.5/3.75 x 18. Not really finding info I comprehend using the search function.

I want to go as wide as I can in front and back. Any opinions on tires is greatly appreciated. If my thinking/knowledge are way off let me know but be gentle it's my first time. Looking for a good riding bike to learn on, function over form. I think pragmatism is sexy.

These are the ones I'm thinking of...
http://www.powersportsplace.com/parts/cok-71308?seid=pspse1&gclid=CISd353IyLYCFQ_ZQgodLAMAlw

First, the 76 360, which has a flat tank and the creamsicle color scheme, is the same as my bike, Molly.

DON'T Cafe that bike. it's worth 3k dialed in. They are fast, light, and easy to learn on. They're perfect retro bikes. Cafe'ing it will just make mine more valuable. But I'd keep it stock if I had the option. I can't go anywhere without stopping traffic on mine. BONE STOCK

Second, the front size tire is hard to find because it's narrow. I ebayed a chopper tire. 3x18 I think. The narrow width makes it harder to find, unless you search choppers.

rear on mine is 3.5 by 18

Good luck

It's nowhere near stock. Frames been cut, fenders are gone, side panels gone, custom bars and gauges already. Your bike is sweet but this is not the one for a restore. I'm getting a Frankenstein from all the spare parts my friend has on hand. The one thing I am spending money on is tires so I wanted to invest in some good ones.

I would have to parrot Drew if your bike was in any type of stock shape. Given that it's been cut Go all out!!! If you plan to replace the stock tank (assumeing you have it) and it is in reasonable shape. There is another on this forum who I'm sure would love to have it. As for tires I found a reasonable price at Dennis Kirk in Pine City Mn denniskirk.com. I live within 30 miles of them and picked up a pair for my LS2. 3.00 x 18.00 Last year for I think 40.00 each. I think there's a matching 3.500 x18 as well. On my LS2 they work well since it's such a small bike and will rarely see over 50 mph.

Last edited:
Back