Tracker 'ish V2.0

yup, going with the 250 tank would mean chopping the backbones off and reworking the frame to drop the tank down a bit more....With this being so late in the building season (it's riding time :bike:) I might keep the 250 tank on the shelf for later use:D
The stock tank does flow very nicely with the fat forks and tapers off towards the champion seat/fender in the back

A few new parts came in two weeks ago and I was able to get some work done this week....
New 15 3/4" RFY shocks are on and feeling great right out of the box. I was hesitant of another "cheapie" shock, but after reading some pretty involved tech reviews, I took the plunge and ordered a set...glad I did. Had to fab up some new upper mounts, but I actually like them better than last years version, so it's all good. They are a huge improvement over the MDI shocks I ran last season and I think they'll flow nicely with the gold front rotor:D
034-2.jpg

new footpegs, keeping up with the speedhole theme:D
022-2.jpg

Cooked up a bracket for the rear R1 bluespot caliper the other day. After looking at some newer bikes I decided to incorporate the stay into the bracket for a nice, clean look.
008-3.jpg

Can't wait to ride the shmit out of it for another season:bike:

If you don't decide to use the 250 tank and don't want to keep it,pm me,and we'll talk about a deal,as I have a need for one. lha

A few new parts came in two weeks ago and I was able to get some work done this week....
New 15 3/4" RFY shocks are on and feeling great right out of the box. I was hesitant of another "cheapie" shock, but after reading some pretty involved tech reviews, I took the plunge and ordered a set...glad I did. Had to fab up some new upper mounts, but I actually like them better than last years version, so it's all good. They are a huge improvement over the MDI shocks I ran last season and I think they'll flow nicely with the gold front rotor:D
034-2.jpg

new footpegs, keeping up with the speedhole theme:D
022-2.jpg

Cooked up a bracket for the rear R1 bluespot caliper the other day. After looking at some newer bikes I decided to incorporate the stay into the bracket for a nice, clean look.
008-3.jpg

Can't wait to ride the shmit out of it for another season:bike:
Those shocks are sorta like the old"thermo shocks"that the old dirt bikes ran.You can actually rebuild them and adjust the damping by using different weight oil. I have several pairs that I got from ebay and cleaned and serviced them,seals were good.You can find them for $35-40 bucks in good shape. lha

I'm determined to make that tank work, just not for this riding season:D. Too much work to make it sit and flow right plus carry more fuel. I do love the lines on it, I think it's one of the sexiest yammy tanks out there. I'll keep it for V3.0 :laugh:

For now I got the rear tire mounted, the front end finished up, bled the brakes and fired her up for the first time this year.:bike:
P1030060.jpg

I still have to extend the exhaust, and for that I picked up a section of SS pipe from Steve at Candraulic Industries with two sweet mandrel 90's:smoke:
P1030067.jpg

yes I know, the one end is already missing...I'm too slow with the camera:doh:

new, much fatter cockpit
P1030065.jpg

almost there. New chain and sprockets should be in 'morrow, hopefully one more full day to get 'er dialed in and I can finally hit the road again:bike:
P1030059.jpg

she's ALIVE... Tracker V2.0 the 2012 edition is complete.
Took it through some of the nicest twisties GTA has to offer this morning on my way into work and I'm still grinnin'. My stock forks weren't in great condition, so it's hard to compare, but these gixxer forks, the 17/43 sprockets and 18" wheel, turned this bike into one torquey monster on rails :bike: Stiff and planted through the turns, dumping it into a corner now I feel much better knowing I'm going to come out the other end :laugh:

P1030143.jpg

you can almost make out downtown TO on the horizon, not a cloud in the sky today:thumbsup:
P1030141.jpg

P1030140.jpg

Is it 5pm yet?? :banghead:

I like it a lot.

I have those same blinkers, but I am being forced to get rid of them. Everyone I ride with says they cannot see them during the day. :(

with almost 6k on the clock this season, things got a lil' sloppy in the back end. The 30 year old bushing just couldn't handle another season of my riding
I got some bronze bushings from twowheelsfrank on ebay and they came in in less than one week from Germany:thumbsup:
P1030741.jpg

P1030738.jpg

P1030740.jpg

P1030742.jpg

The rear end is nice and tight again:umm:

Bought those same bushings from germany a couple weeks ago but they haven't shown.. A buddy of mine ordered the same ones a couple days after me and got them yesterday. What gives!

Back