version codes AGAIN !!!

uglyduckling

uglyduckling
Reaction score
Hey I need you help again!!!. Got my tank leak fixed ok BUT now I have no rear brake!! Dam. The cyclinder is shot so ive been calling around to find out the 'my bike dosent have a disk brake. BUT it does so now I need to find out what my version code really is . the ownership says, 79 xs 400 serial is 2L0- BUT the fork has it as a 78 2L0-.
A place is pa may have a rrebuild kit for it but i wanna make sure before i get it shipped up here. 1 place here told me it was an se. I know you guys can help me out. I need to get a pic for you but i have to wait til my kids are home to help me!! dam THANKS

I have a '79- 2LO, but keep in mind what is stamped on the bike is when it was manufactured, not it's model year. It is not uncommon for a '79 model to be made in '78. I think mine was. Ever wonder how you can buy a brand new 2011 whatever in September of 2010?

1U4-W0042-50 is the european part # for a '78 rebuild kit.

check the bore sizes as Yam do change it. (it should be stamped on the cyl body)

Yes my friens at sirus actually have told me that really i have an se. ownership does just say xs4.....im going to probably just order up the rebuid kit from pa. cause i really cant ride as it is. well i can ride just cant stop riding..lol

Back