Vibrating loose rear turnsignal

1979XS4002-F

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Hello all, I search the forum and couldnt find anything regarding loose shakey turn signals. my left rear signal is loose and shakes going down the road, it loose at th housing to the mounting stem area where there appears to be a dowl or push pin connecting the two... Any ideas on how to remedy or disassemble?

You could try a little glue or epoxy but the two pieces must but connected still or the light will not work. Its the ground for the bulb.

Hello all ... my left rear signal is loose and shakes going down the road, it loose at th housing to the mounting stem area where there appears to be a dowl or push pin connecting the two... Any ideas on how to remedy or disassemble?
If it turns out that you need to be able to be able to dis-assemble and re-assemble the joint in question, but it can't be tightened up to stop the vibration, you could try some of the temporary "stop-draft" caulking. It comes in clear and is used to temporarily seal a drafty window for the winter. In the spring, you can simply pull in all out in one piece and then the window will operate again.

I would imagine that a "dollop" of that stuff would fill the space and act like a bushing to stop the vibration. When you need to take it apart just pull the stuff out and when you're done, put in another dollop.

does it have a pressed in pin on the stalk? no way to take it apart without drilling that pin then JBWeld it back together

Sorry for the delay guys, I've swamped! Got the housing tightend up lastnight, I ended up using a nail set to drive the little dowel pin in the aids in connecting the st to the signal housing, after pounding the piss of it I still couldnt unthread the housing..however I was able to turn is far enough that it nound up and I couldnt move it...lol so...i put it back together and shes rattle free! Some other great news, my new registration sticker showef up..shes nack on the road!

Back