what spoke wheels can work with a 80 xs400

drifter

XS400 Member
Reaction score
I am looking to change my mag wheels to spokes and am havving a very hard time finding xs250 wheels ... my question is will honda cb550 wheels fit ? can i make them fit ?
what would i need to do ?

what other options are out there ?

keep in mind i live in Canada

thank you :thumbsup:

there may be some offset on the Honda wheels, but any wheel builder can true them up without that as the xs didn't have any offset!

off set is the rim to hub looking down on it. its usually to allow the chain run to be straight

I must be missing something, but have you tried using XS400 spoked wheels? I'm not sure how many they sold in Canada, but they are fairly abundant down here...

I must be missing something, but have you tried using XS400 spoked wheels? I'm not sure how many they sold in Canada, but they are fairly abundant down here...

wire wheels seem to be few and far between around where i am

the honda i have has disk in front and drum in back
as far as offset i may beable to get spacers machined for the wheel sproket or mabey
get something for the drive sproket not sure how its gonna line up as i dont have imediate access to the bike ... maybe next weekend

awhile back i sold the hubs and brake hardware for an xs360 spoke/disc set up for 400 bucks to a fellow member down under. ive been looking for another parts bike with them ever since. a guy i met had a honda front end on his 400, spoke disc, but he swapped the trees, forks and wheel. looked a little bit off IMO, but its an option

For a front wheel you can use the RD250 wheel and hardware ( I use one off a 75). All you have to do is turn down the axle on the ends so it will fit in the smaller xs400 lowers. I do it with my 80. It only cost $15 for the machine work and the wheel with a new tire already on it was $90:)

Attachments

• DSC02781.jpg
    DSC02781.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 874
  • DSC02782.jpg
    DSC02782.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 1,002
Oh I've got myself going for broke on the Hard to find scale. I'm on the lookout for the 250/disc rear hub and the XS650 dual disc front as I'm swapping forks. Neither has been an easy search.

I don't think so. The hubs are completely different. I also think the rd uses a larger rear axle.

Back