What the hell does this connection go to???

bcbobbers

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Okay guys so I have most of my electrical done, but I have this little connector hanging down the front left of my bike and have no idea what I unplugged it from. There are two wires going to it. I've looked and looked and can't seem to find anything where this would hook up to. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• DSCN0306.jpg
    DSCN0306.jpg
    292 KB · Views: 266
  • DSCN0307.jpg
    DSCN0307.jpg
    315.2 KB · Views: 238
That's what I thought it was, but there is one already hooked up to that. That's why I am so confused. I can't see anywhere on the bike it can hook up to. Also my electric start doesn't work now could it be anything to do with that? Im pretty new to bikes and this one is stumping me. Also it is wired on the clutch side not the brake side of the handlebars.

wonder if it is a side stand switch.
or a switch that goes on the clutch lever a la front brake lever?

keep it pressed and push the starter switch to check

Drewpy nailed it. A switch that attaches to the clutch perch, just like the front brake switch attaches to the brake perch.

there is a bit of unreliabilty in those switches, I'd ditch it and wire in a loop somewhere so the starter will work

Thanks drewpy that's exactly what it was. The reason I couldn't figure it out is because when I took my clutch perch off I broke it and replaced it with one from a 79 not noticing that it didn't have a spot for the switch to hook up. So all that time trying to find where the switch hooked up was pointless since I had the old perch.

Back