xs500 brat..

very nice. looks clean. why does everyone luck out with the clean bikes for good prices and i got mine for 150 dirty as hell. lol i love those tanks. really nice lines. looking forward to the progress

Yeah I was just in the right place at the right time for the buy. But the tanks for sale if you want it :D. I think I'm going to try to find a early 90's Sportster tank.

But anyways, I stripped everything off of the frame. I'm going to take pictures of every step I do to end up posting on here. Instead of posting as I go I'm just going to post it all at once. So I'll be signing out for a couple weeks or until I run into some problems and need some help.

I can already tell you that I'm going to be screwed when it comes to running power to everything..:banghead: Probably going to look for someone in my area to hire to help and teach me as we go.

Talk to you guys soon

All I'll say is this....it's your bike, but I'd think long and hard about ditching the originality on such a nice, clean and complete bike. It's not a matter of value, but just a matter of there are not that many complete XS500s of that age out there. That one looks like a relatively easy restoration. I would think that if a guy was planning big changes, possibly cutting, there would be plenty of bikes out there that would not be as nice a restoration.

Just my 2 cents, and like I said, it's your bike so no matter what, enjoy it!

Early XS500's had cooling issues. The '76-'78's seemed to be the best ones. May want to look for a spare parts bike just incase you need spares in the future...

Hey!

how are you doing on your build?
I just came across a xs500, not sure if to buy it or not. It's cheap, looks kinda trashy but runs ok according to the owner. Going to change it up anyhows. Just interested in how these things ride. Any input?

Back