XS650 condenser on XS400

I don't know, but what I do know is that xs400 condensers are on ebay.

If you want to be certain simply look up the oem part number for a 650 and 400 condenser; if they're different they probably won't work.

Just for kicks I looked up the condensers on boats.net, they look very much alike. The 650 has two mounting holes and has the wires come out with bullet conectors, the 400 has one mount hole and the wires come out into a plug. They list the 400 condenser for just under $50. The 650 for just over $45.
Another option is to get a pair of condensers from any car or pick up that used points. around $7 each.
Leo

Just for kicks I looked up the condensers on boats.net, they look very much alike. The 650 has two mounting holes and has the wires come out with bullet conectors, the 400 has one mount hole and the wires come out into a plug. They list the 400 condenser for just under $50. The 650 for just over $45.
Another option is to get a pair of condensers from any car or pick up that used points. around $7 each.
Leo
agreed, a condenser is a condenser, as long as it's for 12 volts and you can figure how to mount it, it will work

I followed the link in the op's first post. The XS650 condenser set is $13.50. If you get enough stuff to get free shipping it isn't a bad price. Getting it by itself the shipping makes it not so good.
Leo

The xs400 condensers on ebay are about $15 shipped for a new one. I picked up a set of new points and a condenser for something like $30 shipped for the bundle.

Back