For Sale - 1980 XS400sg in Dubuque, IA

sir_h_c

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Complete bike and some parts for sale. Currently located in Dubuque, IA.

I've returned to being a full time student and need the money but also don't have the time to care for the bike now. It's in good shape and I rode it often before going to seminary 2 yrs ago. It's been stored but not run for the better part of 2 years. Ran well when I parked it in storage but now the battery is dead and I'm sure the carbs need cleaning.
I replaced the plugs and plug wires, all the usual filters and changed the oil regularly. The fork tubes on the bike are pretty pitted but I have a nice replacement set that I purchased from someone here right before we moved to IA, they will be included for the right price. They cost me $100 shipped.
I'll also include whatever oil, fluids, filters and parts I happen to have in the storage. I do still have the front fender. I no longer have the stock handle bars but replaced them with tracker bars.
Any questions, please ask!

I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow. Thanks!

here are some pics as promised, a few minutes short of tomorrow;)

Attachments

• imageXS.jpg
    imageXS.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 271
  • imageXS2.jpg
    imageXS2.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 252
  • imageXS3.jpg
    imageXS3.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 273
  • imageXS4.jpg
    imageXS4.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 261
  • imageXS5.jpg
    imageXS5.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 245
  • imageXS6.jpg
    imageXS6.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 236
  • imageXS7.jpg
    imageXS7.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 225
I know you said the current forks are pitted (and that you have a new set to possibly include), but do they still hold spring? Also, how many miles are on that motor? When was the front caliper bled last? Although the battery is dead, how were all the electronics?

And what are you asking for the whole lot (you mentioned you had the front fender along with the new forks)?

Back