Seancb750

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok guys so test ride on.the bike today. And the rear end.feels loose. Yanked on.the.chain and.I seen the whole swingarm moving in.its mounts. Can swing.arm.be rebuilt and.which parts do I need?

The bearings are still available, the bushing is not. If your is rusted, it will quickly destroy the bearings. All the used bushings I saw on ebay were all rusted and useless.

Recently replaced the needle bearings on two bikes, makes sure everything is clean maybe even wet sand the bushes a little then add a sh.t load of grease,torque to spec as per manual and you'll be fine

Well...overtightened wouldn't be good either so...
Take it off, go have a look at the bearings, clean regrease, retorque to spec..
This could affect handling....thus your safety...

Found these on ebay are these correct?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-06-07-23-13-31.png
    Screenshot_2017-06-07-23-13-31.png
    285.8 KB · Views: 245
Nope. The DOHC bikes use needle bearings. Part number 93317-22204-00, 2 required.
They should still be available from the dealer as they are also used in Yamaha outboard motors.
The other part you will probably need, the "bush" that the bearings ride on, part number 12R-22184-00-00, wasn't available when I was needing one 4 years ago.

whats the chances i will need the bush. only one side of the swing arm is wobbling. the chain drive side. the other side is pretty tight. wear on the bearings themselves?

changing all other bearings too except the steering head bearings. so front and rear wheel and sprocket carrier bearing. mines pretty done for. looks like the original unsealed bearing

Back