1977 yamaha xs360

Greetings all. I just picked up a clean '76 xs360 myself and thought I'd chime in. I can't find much info on the interwebs. the good news is mine came with the original owners manual and a factory service manual. Need to derust the tank and get it running. I'm planning on keeping it as stock as possible. It's to nice to chop up. Does anyone know if the rack/back rest is a factory accessory? It sure looks like it to me.

Attachments

• IMG_1751.JPG
    IMG_1751.JPG
    132.9 KB · Views: 363
G'day Ed and welcome to the forum. Those colours look sweet - Ithink it is a great idea to keep it as stock as possible.

Unless you tide 2 up then i would lose the rack and back rest.

Good to know. It's coming off. Started the tear down yesterday. I have the original tool kit, still has factory inspection stickers on the wrenches. Need to rebuild the front brake cylinder and caliper and fix a few minor electrical issues. Anyone know where I can find a rear turn signal housing?

Back in the day yamaha would offer at the dealership ad-ons like your backrest and crash bars. Yours look period correct. But if you don't like them then take them off. Remember not to throw it out someone might want it.

I have some rear turn signals which I'm not using..

You can have them for the price of shipping expenses (overseas), but you might have cheaper options over in the states. If you're interested I can look up what it would cost

Also I would like to +1 on keeping it (or bringing it back to) stock. I've never seen such a classic, nice looking paint job on an XS before. Also with the spoked wheels and the duo shocks it looks great.

Starting a new project...

Not sure which direction I am going yet but I think this is a good start. xs360 all stock with 6200 miles. New headgasket, tires, carbs already rebuilt, electric start added. Needs the tank cleaned, rusty!

Newbie here as you will see by my previous empty post. Am restoring a '76 XS360. Need source for decals and mufflers. Anyone?

Decals are easily found with a google search.

I just got mine painted with new decals.

Attachments

• IMG_0429.JPG
    IMG_0429.JPG
    339.5 KB · Views: 312
Hi, i have Also a 77`xs360. Maybe somebody can tell my where can i find to buy the Caliper Anti Rattle Spring?

Thanks

Back