For Sale - 1978 XS400 Fuel Tank (above-average condition)

Frisk

XS400 Member
Reaction score
I am selling the original Maroon-colored tank off of my 1978 XS400. The tank is clean on the inside and has no pin holes or anything, and no rust either. The only problem is that the bike got tipped and has a roughly baseball-sized dent on the right side where the badge would go. (there are also two small dents on the front of the tank from what appears to be the handlebars being turned to far?).

I am selling this because I miraculously found a good deal on a replacement. Therefore there is no petcock or key for the cap. This tank would easily be fixable for even a semi-skilled fabricator, or would be a perfect donor if you were looking to make a tank with some knee-dents, or build a cafe seat the old fashioned way, or just have a spare tank.

I am asking $50 plus shipping (I'm not sure what it will cost to ship but I am not one of those ebay guys that list something cheap and then makes more money on the shipping costs, so whatever the shipper charges, that is what I will charge as well). This is not a firm price, so make me an offer and in the mean time I will be researching shipping costs and post some pix of the tank and the dents this evening.

Updated: Added Pix

Tank1.jpg

Tank2.jpg

Tank3.jpg

Tank4.jpg

Last edited:
Back