1979 xs400 carbon fouls spark plugs.

snohmann

Applied yeehaw
Reaction score
U'm a new user and this is my first real post! ... Just picked up a 1979 xs400 bobber ... you can see a picture of it in my album under my profile. It's a fun machine for sure, but it is fouling out he plugs even after shirt rides. Facing forward on the bike.... the left cylinder is fouling out more than the right. Also, one half of the inside insulator is fouling:wtf:... perhaps the side that faces the carb? ..... i guess my question is why are they fouling and what can i do to find out?:confused:

Posted via Mobile

go give it an Italian service, short rides are not good for engines they need to get hot and be used.

I have a friend who had an Aprillia 2 stroke, she said it doesn't run right and could I have a looksey.

It was 4 stroking badly and a few full bore WOT sessions soon cured that and I told her not to be so timid on the bike in future.

Just looked at the pics on your bike, is it running with no air filters? Also, is that a monoshock for the seat? I like the look of the bike now, what do you plan on doing with it?

@drewpy .. thnx advice noted.. i will run it harder the next times out , but im a total noob at this so please fill me in .. what is a WOT session? ..

@chkm8 ... had the filters off when i snapped that pic .. i do have a set of conical filters on it though. It is infact a mono shock! Good eye.. dont get me wrong here the bike does look ok .. its even placed and won a couple shows... its just not my style. Im one of those heavy metal types so ill black out the tank and wheels and polis the chrome. I might even swap the exhaust tips out.... other than that i would like eliminate the sissy bar and shorten the fender no real solid ideas yet and i am def open to suggestions. I want to stay away from the "cookie cutter" designs but i will black out most of it.

Posted via Mobile

thanxs ... and it worked . no fouling when i get it nice and hot.

Posted via Mobile

Back