1980 XS400 Special II fuses?

kirknd4spd

XS400 Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out why my headlight isn't getting any power. The first thing I would normally check is fuses, but I can't find a single fuse on this entire bike. Had a friend look, he couldn't find any fuses either. So where are the fuses supposed to be on this bike?

You'll find four glass fuses underneath the seat. It may be in a plastic box marked FUSE, but the cover may have fallen off.

Well, this is interesting. There's nothing under my seat. No fuses, no fuse box.
I've had the seat off, battery box out, and the tank off to try to find the fuse box on this thing, I think it just doesn't have any. But everything works except the headlight. All the other lights even work.

You should definitely wire a new fuse box in then. Look for splices just ahead of the plastic part of the rear fender, that's where it was/should be.

Yeah, I'm definitely wiring in a fuse box, knowing it doesn't have one. I just wasn't sure if it was missing, or if I was looking in the wrong places. Thanks for the help guys

Back