For Sale - 1981 Yamaha XS400S "Cafe Racer" $1,500

samsurgalski

TC rider
Reaction score
Hi all,

Time to put the Yamaha up for sale.

It has 8,850 miles on it (may go up +20) currently.

I've done lots of work to it, but there is a little bit left to be done for it to be absolutely perfect. I gave it a flat black paint job, drag style handlebars, cleaned the carburetors, synced the carbs, put a new seat latching mechanism on it, new starter solenoid, and new instrument lights. The big runs like a dream.

Cosmetically - it could use a little work. The right hand side of the gas tank has a spot where I filled with bondo, but you can see the bondo job if you look really close. On the left hand side of the tank, there are numerous pinpoint dents which I'm not really sure where they came from.

Mechanically, the bike is very sound, and it's a blast to ride. I would love cash in hand, but I might be interested in trading for a Ninja 250 or a powered paraglider. Just let me know! I live in Traverse City, MI and I could drive it a ways to meet someone, but if you're really far away and are just DYING to get it in your hands, we could work out something with a bike hauler. Just let me know. Send me a PM or call or text me at 231-360-4786.

Thanks!
Sam

Attachments

• bike.jpg
    bike.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 294
  • bike2.jpg
    bike2.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 400
  • bike3.jpg
    bike3.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 254