1983 Maxim muffler baffles?

Lukejd8

1984 Maxim
Reaction score
Howdy folks, I searched the forum and also online, I'm looking for some new muffler baffles for an 83 Maxim. Can anyone tell me which make/model would fit? I want a quieter bike. Thanks

Howdy folks, I searched the forum and also online, I'm looking for some new muffler baffles for an 83 Maxim. Can anyone tell me which make/model would fit? I want a quieter bike. Thanks

there are four different 1983 Maxim models 400 550 650 and 750 but generally those mufflers did not have removable/replacable baffles do you have after market mufflers? try jcwhitney for baffles

Sorry, no pic available, i'm at my work PC, but i jayel did answer it for me after i did a closer inspection of my mufflers. I thought they may have baffles already but no such luck. I'll be searching out some after-market exhaust.

Thanks folks, greatly appreciated! :D

Swap meet H-D Sportster mufflers are real cheap 20/25$ a set but look at the way they mount (several different styles of mounting brackets over the years) also look to make sure they haven't had the center plug bashed out if you want quiet, you will need to shim them to fit your pipes... here's a 450 honda with a set of them

Attachments

• S6300224.jpg
    S6300224.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 233
there are four different 1983 maxim models 400 550 650 and 750 but generally those mufflers did not have removable/replacable baffles do you have after market mufflers? Try jcwhitney for baffles
i got a nice baffle set at bikebandit.com for 20 buck

Back