25$ Waterproof Saddle bags how to

petei

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
SO i needed saddle bags and don't want to spend money cause i'm a poor student.
I decided to go check out my local surplus store (its called surplus Herpy's... i mean surplus Herby's.)

They have an army stuff section and i found these cool waterproof bags that are made in Holland for 9.95 each.

I picked up some buckly loopy things (0.44$ each) and some 2" nylon strap (3$ for 4'), the card board is for a makeshift base.

I then cut the straps and melted them (I'm single so noone to get mad at me for using the stove :D)

Fitted the loopy things to tothe bags and straps like so.

And voila an awesome set of waterproof saddle bags. I easily fit 2 pairs of jeans and 2 pair for sweat pants ion one bag, the other has two full size towel in it. SO they have lots of room

Attachments

• JVf7V.jpg
    JVf7V.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 256
  • EC3mc.jpg
    EC3mc.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 289
  • FRaBK.jpg
    FRaBK.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 374
  • ogGDJ.jpg
    ogGDJ.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 263
I like it alot! I want saddle bags for this summer's planned trips and this is a good idea. I don't think we have a herpes store here though :(

do-boy where you at? i could pick some up and send them to you if you pay for the bags and shipping. An d check any army surplus you can usually find good saddle bag candidates at them

extraño mate, viví dos años en Paraguay...
i also have two bags from paraguay that I will be riging up as a smaller set of bags for every day use

Back