77 XS 400 want better bike stance w/ rear shocks

EasyE

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Hello guys new to the bike world but always looking for something to work on and be able to make an original work of art and purchased me a 77 XS 400. Got the basics and bike running like a dream, not the easiest deal. Now moving into cosmetics of the bike and I understand the straitness of the frame but I'm trying to put a slight stance on the bike and also improve the ride(rear shocks are toast). Overall I'm planning on maybe pulling the fork tubs up a hair and getting longer rear shocks to achieve this...
I was wondering how I could achieve about another inch or 2 lift in the rear...with the understanding of the stock rear shocks being 12.5" eye to eye, what length shock should I be looking for to achieve this lift??

All input and links are greatly appreciated to help me gain some knowledge about this

Kyle
48FD747C-0358-40B9-84C4-E37C3B689DD8-458-0000007160F88213.jpg

I believe you can go to 13.5" without any modifications but 14.5" might require trimming the mount. Dont quuote me on that though.

As far as which ones to get, thats up to you, how much you want to lower the fron and even how much of a raek youre looking for. Check out a guy on here, bcware, I believe he shows how longer shocks look on his bike in his build thread.

Back