78 xs400 'sporty cafe'

EasyE

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Picked up this gem last year during the summer for something to cruise on and started tinkering around with it...it's no professional build but it's fun to rip back roads on.

78 xs400
5000 miles
Bike was in good running condition afterburner cleaning and tuning
Cleaned, removed dent, and painted tank
Added mini speedo
Clip ons
Mufflers
Seat
Grips
WALA!!

From day 1
null-23.png

Busted tank
null-13.jpg

Bondo, sanding, spraycan paint job with numbers, and a clear coat did the job
null-11.jpg

Mounted up an apolstered seat and donezo
null-25.jpg

null-26.jpg

null-27.jpg

I'd like to know more about the seat also.

Could you post a sound clip of that exhaust? And what mufflers are they actually?

Posted via Mobile

Looking good! Love that seat, did you make it or buy it from somewhere?

I actually got the seat off of ebay, it was made for an rd400/xs650, checked measurement and it seamed to be close enough for me. it sits right along the outside of the rails and fits tight

Since the seat was already upholstered I didn't have the option of of mounting through the seat so I figured the simplest way to do it was good ole Velcro...made brackets off the tank mount and off the support. works extremely well

I'd like to know more about the seat also.

Could you post a sound clip of that exhaust? And what mufflers are they actually?

Posted via Mobile

The mufflers are off of www.lowbrowcustoms.com made by EMGO
17" reverse megaphone shorty muffler

They sound amazing!!! By far my favorite part of the bike, ill work on getting you a sound clip of them on idle and a run by.

I would recommend these to everyone

Thanks easyE...look forward to the sound clip...you wouldn't happen to have the ride side tank emblem for sale would ya?

Posted via Mobile

Sweet looking bike you have there. I used industrial velcro to hold my seat on too, it works very well. Do you have any issues with air leaks with the mufflers?

Sweet looking bike you have there. I used industrial velcro to hold my seat on too, it works very well. Do you have any issues with air leaks with the mufflers?

Yea they where a pain till I figure how to put all 3 spacer adapters with each split in different directions to make the leak very minimal. My fix is in the mail...header wrap ha

Great looking bike and ad my compliments to the seat as well.Its great.Interesed in here a soud clip of the mufflers also and link to look at them for pricing.

Back