81 Wiring Diagram

Pork Chop

XS400 Junkie
Reaction score
I have restarted my XS250 project and got her running last weekend. Next step is to fix up the wiring of the indicators and I am hoping that someone can help me with a wiring diagram for the 81 XS. I have the 77-78 and the 82 diagrams but they are different to the my bike.

Thanks from another newbie.:thumbsup:

Was the XS250 ever properly released in the US? If it's a UK spec it could be a XS250, XS250SE or a XS250C. Do you have the frame or engine number handy? If it's one of the above I have the wiring diagrams in my Haynes manual and I will scan it at work and email you the pdf, no problem.

A bit more info and one of us should be able to sort you out for sure...:)

Hi Cad, it is the xs250se so would be really helpful if you could scan and email the diagram. I am in Sydney Australia and there are a few xs250 around but not many. The xs400 is even rarer here but I am always on the lookout for jugs, head, etc as I would like to increase the capacity of my bike.
This is what I started with.
1.jpg

Here is a photoshop of my first ideas.
3.jpg

I got the seat off fleabay - it is a Nitroheads copy with red stitching. Arrived within the week of ordering all the way from Thailand.

Sorry Pork Chop, I just had a guess at your location.

I will bring my manual into work tommorow and scan the wiring diagram for you, no problem.

I didn't realise XS's were so rare in Aus. I bet there is more SR400 stuff knocking about due to the influence of Bratstyle and Deus Ex. I've looked at Nitroheads products along with brands like POSH and Daytona on sites like Vanem but it all seems pretty expensive even without the shipping costs. Cool looking stuff though...

Hope you haven't had any family or friends caught up in floods over there...it all looks pretty devastating :( It should put any reaction to the cricket into perpective I hope...

Caddy

Hi Caddy,

Thanks for the diagram. It looks like the right one so i will get started on the wiring this weekend. SR400s are pretty expensive here with stock standard bikes fetching $6-8k. Deus is close by and they do fantastic bikes but the cost is way out of my league. I got a few parts from yambits in the uk - carb mounts, gasket kit, cables. Pretty well priced from what I can see.

I and all my family live in Sydney so we are not directly effected by the floods but thousands of people are suffering in a big way and the damage is running in the billions... also, the floods have brought out all the snakes and there are a few crocs about and now there are reports of a bull shark swimming down the main street of a town.

Cheers,

Pork Chop

The company is called Motolanna. The seat brackets look a bit home made quality and no mounting bolts supplied but as it is designed for the SR400. This doesn't bother me as I am building custom mounts for it to fit on the XS. The seat is much better than anything I could build given my lack or workshop and it only cost about 1/3 the cost of the nitroheads seat.

I will take some pics if you like.

Not without telling us about your bike and posting a few pics.:laugh:

What year is your bike and are you troubleshooting the existing wiring or building a new one from scratch (which is the easier option if you ask me)

Also, welcome fellow Aussie.

Posted via Mobile

I am building a off road buggy and i have a xs 250 motor and wiring not sure what year it is i could maybe find out
so i will be starting from scratch

i also will post photo's once going :thumbsup:

Back