81 xs 400 carb (fuel inlet) banjo bolt demensions?

dn69141

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
Anyone by chance know what the dimension is for the banjo bolt for the carb by chance? I broke mine, don't have it with me, and will most likely have to order one in from local parts store I'm guessing.

I am guessing it's a metric 10? (x1.5)?

If you know by chance because you have been there before that would greatly help me today!

Thanks for your time.

I have one if you want. $10.50 shipped paypal only:)

Attachments

• DSC02042.jpg
    DSC02042.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 412
Thanks, just looking for dimensions. Would like to have it tomorrow, so if I can't get one at all locally and I'm looking at a week, I'll maybe buy it.

Well looks like it is about impossible to find here in western nebraska. Where do you want me to send the money to.. and do you want it sent as a "gift?".

Hey guys new to the forum.I have an 81 xs400 with the same issue of a missing banjo bolt for the carb. I've checked a few sites with no luck, any tips?

well, tomorrow i will try to make my own banjo, or find a machinist. 20mm M8x1 is what i bought to play around with. I couldnt find the dimensions on the forum, or anywhere for that matter, so i went and used a gauge and it was definitely M8x1.

ended up making 2 of them at work. got it running, lowered the floats and im pretty positive it is running where it should be. :)

Hey guys, I had a heck of a time finding a replacement banjo inlet bolt when my broke. It is not a common item to find. The only replacements I found were through EBay from the UK (nightmare shipping time). Eventually I found one from a hose/fitting shop in Indiana for $1.46 for the bolt and $16.50 S&H (IN->WI standard mail, recvd the next day). I'm not trying to promote the company, but if you had trouble finding a domestic replacement like I did then you will appreciate the link. It fit my 1979 xs400 very well and saved lots of headache.

http://shop.hoseandfittings.com/cat...sions/Metric<br>Banjo<br>Bolt/3068-08X10.html

Back