For Sale - '82 Seca Resto-Mod For Sale - Ying-Yang Yamaha

JonTwo-Wheels

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Looking to move on to another project, and would be willing to sell the result of my 8 month restoration. What started as a pretty tired looking bike has now been rebuilt into a "not far from stock" restoration...
It runs great - the original speedo (which was broken, showed 7,700 miles), so I surmised the engine was still relatively young - tight and strong. This has proven to be so over the road. It pulls strong and has plenty of power. It was too "dirt bikey" at first so I changed the rear sprocket to a 35 tooth, and this has improved its driveability. The 6 speed shifts like "butta" and the clutch is smooth and positive. The monoshock rear suspension feels tight and taught - so other than clean up and paint, I left it alone (didn't have the proper wrench to change its settings anyway). Everything from frame up has been cleaned, painted, repaired if necessary. Custom touches include drag bars, Yamaha 650 gauge set, tail light from a Kawasaki 550, recovered seat, custom fabricated battery box, new rear tire, new fork seals, new mirrors, better stock exhaust than it came with (though the new set has a few "age-scrapes"). Couldn't find a new tank, so had the dents pulled out of the original before a bit of body filler, sanding and paint. Cleaned the tank internally, and sealed it with Red Kote liner. This bike is inspected and on the road now - I had a bunch of nice rides around Southern Maine this summer.
I'm asking $1800 - contact me if interested. Photos attached...

Attachments

• Yam-400-4.jpg
    Yam-400-4.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 296
  • Yam-400-2.jpg
    Yam-400-2.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 210
  • Yam-400-3.jpg
    Yam-400-3.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 232
  • InstrCluster-Flatbars1.jpg
    InstrCluster-Flatbars1.jpg