For Sale - 83 Maxim 400 Parts (might fit Seca 400)

TrueG

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I have about pulled everything off of my 83 Maxim 400 parts bike that I think I will need.

That means everything else is up for sale. The bike was complete but didn't have papers.

Anyway, if there are any parts that you need, post or PM me and I will see if I have it and let you know the condition. I have no idea about prices, but I only paid $150 for the bike and have easily gotten my money's worth, so I'm not too worried about making a lot of money. I'm more interested in helping out folks getting their rides done up nice and/or running. :D

Cheers,
TrueG

- Mirrors/perches?
- My first Maxim 400 didn't come with any mirrors. My parts bike did, but they are aftermarket. The right one works great, but the left one is loose and I wasn't able to tighten it up so it droops and isn't really usable.
- I ended up buying OEM replacement mirrors from here....
http://www.partsnmore.com/parts/yamaha/xj650/?filters[fitting]=custom
part#16-3010 (the original Yamaha mirror part numbers are 4H7-26290-00/10)
I can sell you my aftermarket mirrors if you want. I'm not sure what you mean by perches.​

- oil fill plug, front brake master cylinder?
- yes to both. The front brake master cylinder is not original, but it works just fine.

- Front Wheel Needed.
- do you mean the rim? I can't imagine it would be cost effective to ship a wheel if you just need new rubber. I'm in Canada, so the shipping on something that large would be pretty high. I may also want to keep the wheels for spares.

TrueG

Yes, just the rim. It may be costly to ship. Let me know if you are interested. No big deal either way.

sageone: I will think about it. If I sell them, the wheels will probably be the last to go since once I take them off I won't be able to move the bike.

WReXie: gotcha, yes I have those.

I guess I don't really know what any of this stuff is worth. Just make me an offer either here or via PM and we can work something out.

TrueG

I'm looking for the RH battery trim cover that makes the transistion from the tank to the rear finder. Still have it?

if its in this picture, then I do. PM me.
P1190249.jpg

I'm looking for the RH battery trim cover that makes the transistion from the tank to the rear finder. Still have it?

Actually, between the two bikes, the only side cover I have is the right hand cover. If I had two, I would sell you one, but I would like to keep the one I have. Consequently, I'm looking for the left hand cover if anyone has one.

No, DCopp, it's not in that picture. The trim is different between the SECA and the MAXIM. :(

I am aware of that. The parts in the pic are from a Seca, I also own and ride a Maxim. Which bike do you need it for?

I should have put in my post that I have a 400 Maxim that I'm looking for the RH trim cover.

I am aware of that. The parts in the pic are from a Seca, I also own and ride a Maxim. Which bike do you need it for?

Oh, sorry, it didn't occur to me that he might be looking for a Seca part.

This is the ignitor I need says Type TID12-07 12R 10

I don't know if it works (although I suppose I could test it on my bike easy enough), but yes I have that still. I will have to verify the part number when I get home.

Back