92 GSXR Front End on 78 xs400

MotleyCustoms

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Im starting my Xs build and just bought a 92 gixxer front end for it, Will do Intro when all my parts are in :thumbsup: I found the head set bearings i need, but am wondering if i can run the gixxer axle with my Xs disc brake wheel. I just need to know the outer diameter of the Xs wheel bearing and see if all balls carries a bearing that has the outer diameter of the Xs and inner diameter (20mm) of the gixxer front end.

Does this sound right?

Does anyone know the outer diameter of the Xs400 bearings?

I think i found the O.D. at 42.
Now I need the width and can not find that anywhere. Anyone have bearing boxes laying around that they can look at? Should be the last numbe. Its a 12 or 15 I think.
Come on guys help a brother out!

Front wheel bearing for the xs is inside Diameter 15mm Outside Diameter 42mm Width 13mm. Hope this helps dude i look forward to seeing your pics, i've fitted RS forks and GS500 wheels to mine.
I can asure you you will be chuffed with your results and hard work, stick at it and most problems :umm: can be solved or over come, and remember don't loose sight of your vision. :thumbsup:

Hey guys check out my build intro thread "Cafe high build intro"
Will have pictures of the new forks on tomorrow!

Haga41cat- did you need to fab frame stops on your forks or were they fine? Mine hit the tank and dont exactly know how to fix it.

I put fork stops on my bike by welding a longer tab over the original on the frame.

It keeps the machined side on show so looks OEM.

no I haven't.

think of it like a piece of steel U channel cut about 10mm, placed over the existing stop on the frame and welded at the side and top.

here ya guys go! still in the fitting stage but i think it looks pretty mean. Going to pick up my bearings tomorrow and run the controls. :rock:

Attachments

• 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 428
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 520
nice.... please write exactly what you need to do to pull this off once your done! Im not really headed in that direction but i can see the appeal of it and could be inspired to do something like this:)

Back