Aftermarket Radio Removed - Bike won't start

DougB91

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
Good morning everyone,

(Skip to the bottom for summarization)

I bought my first bike on Friday and started out with the Maxim XS400. I'm a beginner at best when it comes to work on bikes and knowledge in general so I wanted to reach out to some veterans and get some opinions on work that I'm trying to get done.

I bought the bike with an aftermarket radio the previous owner had installed and it wires directly through the front headlight and down to the battery. There are four cables - Red, Yellow, Blue, and Black. I wanted to remove the radio as the battery was older and this was actually causing the bike to have to be jumped before every ride and so we went ahead and cut the radio out and now the bike doesn't get power to anything. The four cables are all cut clean and I want to splice the wires back together underneath the headlight but wanted some advice on which wires need to go back together. also as a side note, I've added in a brand new battery.

Summarization:

After Market Radio cut out
New Battery Installed
Bike will not receive power to anything after cutting red, yellow, black, and blue wires from radio

What wires need re-connected underneath the headlight to each other in the bike to fix this issue and allow the bike to receive power and startup?

Thank you!

Doug

I'm replying to let anyone interested on the forum know that we've found the issue after doing some more testing. The main fuse was blown out. After replacing the fuse, the bike runs like a champ!

Back