anyone here from the pittsburgh, pa area

nickg

XS400 Member
Reaction score
new to all this and trying to meet some people in my area. i plan on starting a build in the next couple months. and need someone to ride with.

Sounds cool. I live near Ambridge something like 15 mi N of Pittsburgh. My sons and I like to meet at the Cranberry Quaker Stake and Lube when we can. We don't get to ride much together though. My sons have Yamahas too, one just got a V Star 1300, I think it's a V Star anyway. the other has a Tenere 1200 CC, I think. He was just the 73rd in the States to get one. The one with the Tenere always follows as otherwise he says we wouldn't be able to keep up. When he got new pipes for his V Star 1100, I told him I liked the way they sounded. He said you should hear them going through the Liberty Tubes at 80 mph. I wanted something smaller as when I was in CA, living off the 10 Freeway had a '78' 900 Kawasaki, and seemed to go everywhere 130 mph. Think I might be ready for something more powerful now though besides, I don't like just off the 10 Freeway anymore. So, are you riding now?

ya, i try to ride everyday if i can. i just have the xs400 for now, i want to buy something bigger soon. i live down in clairton, so im like 15 minutes south of pittsburgh.

So, would you be interested in meeting at a Bike Night some place? Then maybe we can get an idea, if we would want to do some ridding together, and get some ideas where we might go. My son David told me he took a 100 mi ride over the weekend. Funny, I was thinking of calling to see if there was anywhere he would like to ride to together that day. Oh well. Will let you know if I come across something I think you might be interested in.

QS&L for 'Quaker Steak and Lube'. Maybe you have one closer to you. Anything Bike Nights in the McKeesport, or Glassport Areas? I think it's time we use the forum's email system. Don't want to put too much over the ope Internet, I understand,

My sons managed to make it to the Bike Night at the Cranberry QS&L, but I had to work this time. Unusual for me to have to work in the evenings. Will have to get back to you about possibly going to the QS&L near you. Still haven't found out which day they have it on.

Rode some today, got some florescent Orange, and Green shirts for ridding too. They will be able to see me now!

I've been riding alone again, except for a charity run here, and there. My one son moved to WV, and the other was crippled after having been run into on his cycle a few years ago. I'm still riding, but riding a Yamaha FZ1000 which I love. Have managed to keep it under 131 mph for nearly 4 years now, and was putting 10,000 miles on it a year, but that fell off some from being down for repairs. Had the Engine & Transmission replaced for one thing. So, the bike has a total of 95,000 plus miles on it now, and looks it, since it was in an accident before I got it and I put some scratches on it last January. I certainly don't make it as far as Union town though. That in itself is quite a ride for me, I think. Though I do plan on another trip tp garret,
PA soon.

Back