Anyone Know what Brake lines to Order 82'XS400R

flutterball

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Need to order new front brake lines for my 82 XS 400r. It takes two, want to buy braided stainless steel lines (not the replacement rubber ones), and seems I can get a good deal from a place on EBAY, but I have to tell them the right bends & length on each one.

Wanted to keep using my bike until I recieved them, but if I have to take off the brake lines to measure and get the correct end bends (ie 45deg end bend' or twist) then I'll have to wait to put them back on, don't want to go through bleeding the lines twice.

If anyone has ordered them recently and has the correct dimensions etc. and could share that would be amazing, otherwise will just have to look for a rainy weeks worth of forecast and dismantle and order then,

Cheers,

Already did measure with a string and I'm good with the length, and then end bend on each end, what I'm not sure of is the twist of the cable, guess it can be shown kind og like this:

O=----------=O

or is it twisted 90 degrees like this:

O=-----------=-

or does it twist 45degrees (don't know how to represent this one).

Supposed to add that information when I order it. This is the part that is the most difficult to check unless I take them completely off.

May just need to drain them and pull them off to get it right.
Thanks in advance,

i drew a plan and gave little drawings pertaining to each end and the position/offset. As yours is a dohc I can't say exactly what you want.

Back