Anyone know what cafe racer seat fits on a 79 xs400

supergizzman

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the universal cafe racer seats fit my bike or do they make one for it can anyone help

Posted via Mobile

There are a few available from Thailand via ebay that claim to fit the XS400. Not sure if they do or not without a bit of fabrication work.

Try here and here, a newish company here in the UK who will make custom cafe seats.

As well as this site you could also try the Do The Ton forum that has loads of threads on how to fabricate a Cafe seat. It may be possible to construct one that doesn't require cutting off the rear sub frame that a lot of people on here do to get a more tracker/Bratsyle look so you can always go back to stock if you fall out of love with the cafe style.

:bike:

Last edited:
no some had some sucsess but had to cut and modify to make it fit... my suggestio is to get your seat reapolsterd the way u would want your cafe seat to be...

like this
full

full

depend how much materal the person uses.... best bet is to call your local upolster and ask. if i had to guess anywhere form 50-200 bux

the pic i posted was from another forum member bike.... but u can use any kind of fabric u want. as long as it is durable and to your liking

Back