Seat fixing problems

Danny Olsen

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
I’m happy to say that I’m now the proud owner of a 1981 XS400 and was also thrilled to find this great site, however I’m having difficulty sourcing seat fixings. The bike has a cafe racer style seat modification (with a smaller back light) and I’d love to return it to its original seat style. The seat I’ve bought seems to be the standard issue king/queen going by the manual drawings but the frame fixings are miles out now. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

With a modified frame now, putting a stock seat is going to be very hard if not impossible. You could try and find a section of a stock frame and fix it but that in its self will be hard. Post some pics of what you have.

I have a stock seat in good condition; I can post pics sometime this week. I agree with Chris... a stock seat on a non-stock frame might be tricky.

Thank you very much for responding, following your words I realise I’ve spent far too much time searching and will accept that the seat will have to be bracketed and bolted bespoke using non original fixings. That’s fine - Thanks again Dan.

Back