battery delete

nickg

XS400 Member
Reaction score
im starting to order parts for my 81 xs400, i stumbled accross this on ebay for a battery delete. http://www.ebay.com/itm/200941341721 i want to run without a battery obviously. im trying to figure out if i can do it with this part, or something similiar. any advice is appreiciated this is my inspiration for my build and this is my bike now except i changed the grips. im havent started the build yet just ordering all the parts i need first, i still wanna ride this until i get another bike, then the build will begin.

These bike can't run without a battery. Unless you change out the charging system with a permanent magnet alternator. I think someone has done it with a xs400 but dont remember if it worked well or not.

I know Im probaly late on this thread but you can get all the parts neccasary from early model yamaha dt models.I know the 74 360dt stator and flywheel should work.I owned one of these and it only needed the battery to start.after that the staor and magnito took over.

Have you done this with the dt bikes? I'm interested in that for sure I would like to try it out because I think it's kinda pricey to buy the aftermarket charging system to do the delete.

Back