Behold FRANKENBIKE!

"Dude I really, really want your bike"

Attachments

• Juggalo.jpg
    Juggalo.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 237
Sorry Mark I was only joking with the goth picture, I hope you didn't take offence :) (I thought it was funny at the time but my sense of humour doenst translate well onto forums sometimes)

No I took no offense. Frankenbike is looking like a Maxim now. Keeping it a rat bike when I had no parts, or desire to spend money on cosmetics was one thing but when a free bike lands in my lap I think I will make one rat bike but my Maxim will look like a Maxim in the mean time. Will get a few pics with the proper tank, fender, seat and side covers on soon as the battery is charged...

This is just with the new old easy stuff thrown on. More this weekend...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366829869989.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366829869989.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 265
  • uploadfromtaptalk1366829883614.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366829883614.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 240
bummer :)

nah it looks nice, just not so much like a rat. Are you keeping the cool pipes on or are you going to put the ones from old geezer on?

One morning, one relatively new front wheel, and one chaingaurd later...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366999848102.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366999848102.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 220
  • uploadfromtaptalk1366999865873.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366999865873.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 216
Can you post better pics of the rear rack? Mounting points and everything? I'm about to start making a rack for my Maxim, and am intrigued by the mounts on the fender. I didn't think the steel fender liner was structural...

Thanks!

Posted via Mobile

Yeah, no prob, but it may be a bit, kind of busy with trying to come up with some gas at the moment and stressing out on being broker than I ever remember.

OK, mind you I didn't put the rack on, so I hope these pics are helpful. If you can't see what you need to see maybe I can figure it out for you but I have never had that part of the bike apart and see no reason to unless I change the rear fender or swingarm, which I just don't see doing too soon anyway.

Attachments

• CAM00016.jpg
    CAM00016.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 211
  • CAM00015.jpg
    CAM00015.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 241
Thanks! Those pics show that I needed to see. :thumbsup:

I'm still surprised that the rack is mounted to the rear fender, but the manufacturer of your rack obviously thought the steel inner fender must be strong enough to support some load. :shrug: The forward bracket appears to go to the frame where the turn signals were originally mounted, which is the ends of the frame.

Thanks again!

No prob... Here's with my 2 into 1's...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367077211623.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367077211623.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 226
  • uploadfromtaptalk1367077233457.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367077233457.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 213
I have no idea but I drilled 8 1/4" holes to up the volume and it sounds perfect to me, will get a sound byte someday soon. I saw no brand mark on them, but I installed them before dawn this morning. The ONLY thing I don't like about them is the naked look of the left side of the bike. That's just because she's a spine frame though.

Did you go on that ride today?Im in the same boat been drooling over 2 N 1 system for months now.I can almost afford one but other wish list parts are turning to a get list very soon.

Did you go on that ride today?Im in the same boat been drooling over 2 N 1 system for months now.I can almost afford one but other wish list parts are turning to a get list very soon.

Who; what ride?

I ride every day even in the rain at least to my mailbox, usually into town unless it's more than a sprinkle, which in Sunny Sequim it rarely is!

I got to rename her, it's bloody amazing what a little dish soap, comet, and a scrub brush can do. She just isn't Frankenbike anymore! She was registered in April and that name is one I like a lot (April), but it's got to be a cool unique name. Here's the before and after pics together...

Attachments

• Frankenbike.jpg
    Frankenbike.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 222
  • 4-27-13d.jpg
    4-27-13d.jpg
    281.3 KB · Views: 223
So, since I have always been too poor and too impatient to re-jet a carb, would my extra 8 1/4" holes make much difference? Seems to run maybe a little better than with the old setup, but not having the resources of time with the bike yet it's hard to say with certainty. Optimal is great and I want to learn as I go, but quick and dirty has been necessity in my life for most of it anyway.

Back