Best Race tire Maxim/Seca

BladeRunner

XS400 Member
Reaction score
What is a good canyon carving tire for the maxim?

I would like to go with Avons AM26 but Im unsure they will fit on my maxim(Got michelin commander 2 on there right now, really dislike them, although really good in wet weather)

I do like BT45 and Pirelli Sport Demon, but what else is out there?

My maxim handles hella well for some reason and want to stretch it out some more.

Attachments

• IMG_20170302_084305.jpg
    IMG_20170302_084305.jpg
    310.5 KB · Views: 347
You do know that "race tires" don't work well on the street, right? Never mind being short lived, expensive, and hard to get. And you know that the Maxim uses different size tires than the Seca? "Canyon carving" tires would be sport touring tires. I haven't looked, but I doubt you'll find many in 16" for the rear. Or 19" for the front. Maybe you'll find some in 18" to fit a Seca, not that this will help you.

If you want to get more out of your bike, take a rider training course. It's less about what you ride, and more about how you ride it. I learned that lesson years ago when a driving instructor lapped me (in a prepared VW GTI) while he was driving a stock Ford Tempo. I learned how not good I actually was, then for the rest of the weekend I learned how to be better.

Back