bike juss stopped workin

BRATneveRAT

XS400 Member
Reaction score
had the bike running and riding then i stalled and now the bike has no power...like i turn the key and no lights turn on and the electric start dont work..i jumped the selinoid to see if would crank it did so there is no power somewhere... need help

What are the fuses like? Mine did this and the fuses were good (first thing to check) but the connectors in the fuse box were loose and making intermittent contact. Easiest way to check that is to turn the key on and shake the wires as they go into the fuse box to see if you can get the indicator lights to flash on.

switched on the kill switch?

you can't belive how many peeps walk their bike to my place and i flick a switch and the thing starts :D

What are the fuses like? Mine did this and the fuses were good (first thing to check) but the connectors in the fuse box were loose and making intermittent contact. Easiest way to check that is to turn the key on and shake the wires as they go into the fuse box to see if you can get the indicator lights to flash on.

yea man this is the advice i needed....traced it to the main fuse, aomething is goin on im a just reweire it with new fuses...i played with the wires and indicators kicked in so thanks man i needed that.

You're welcome. I look at every goofy problem I've had to confront as an opportunity to pass on a little knowledge. I'm still running into these "opportunities".

Back