Bike leaking oil at clutch rod I think, please help!

g_raff350

1981 XS Special II 400
Reaction score
Can u change the clutch oil seal where the rod goes inside the case without taking apart the motor? Im pretty sure that's where my bike leaks and was wondering if anyone could tell me how or if there is a tech article or write up on this. Thanks guys for any input

if you are talking about the clutch push rod oil seal, it is super easy. Take off the sprocket cover to expose the area. Pull out the push rod, no tools required, just slides out. Pull out old seal. Put in new seal. Im sure you can figure out the rest.

Can u change the clutch oil seal where the rod goes inside the case without taking apart the motor? Im pretty sure that's where my bike leaks and was wondering if anyone could tell me how or if there is a tech article or write up on this. Thanks guys for any input
I'm pretty sure there are write-ups on the archives,just search for threads about clutch rod seals,like Chris said,it's pretty clear cut.You should download the manual on the tech section.I put mine on Adobe,so I can easily read it.good luck. lha

Back