Bike Sat in the Rain for 2 days and Now Won't Start

Try putting a new boot on the wire to that plug[or both].Some times,with a bad connection like that one obviously has,a jumping spark will run better while jumping around the bad spot. lha

I've these "spark boosters" which are basically a gap in a glass tube and its supposed to increase the volts (which it does i suppose by shooting all the volts across in one go).

I wonder if the coil is weak or the spark plug defective!

That's kinda in a round about way what I was thinking,that making the spark jump a gap amplifies the voltage,making a stronger spark.Thanks Drewpy for articulating it so well. lha

I have a 1981 XS400h Special II that I am starting to take the motor apart to repair the trans. The manual says remove the two screws holding the contact breaker cover. I can only find one and the hole where you would think another would be is plugged with a disc of some kind, so no screw. Is there something I should do to remove the disc? Manual doesn't mention it. Also, the breaker here could be the source of this thread's problem.

Thanks

dwayne you will need to drill out the plug that covers the screw, its brass so it will be easy.

XSchris, thanks for the quick answer. I had scratched it and saw that it was brass and figured that I would be drilling, but was waiting for a knowledgable confirmation.
Thanks

Back