bobber wiring headache

81xs400

XS400 Member
Reaction score
im trying to simplify my bobber wiring & clean it up alittle. my problem is two fold: i have a lone blue wire from the alternator that i dont know what to do with and when i splice the rectifier into the hot wire it turns cherry red instantly. any thoughts?:banghead::banghead:

its either the oil pressure wire or neutral wire, ones yellow the other blue ( can't remember top of my head) basically you are hot wiring an earth lead

an earth lead? thats new to me.. i can get the headlight to come on but still cant get the bike to fire. guess ill have to go back thru the diagram

so i ran into another issue, motor turns over but no spark. maybe bad rectifier,igniter unit?

that's why I like points ignition, you can easily fix the points, but a 30 year old black box?

hey my name is john i just recently bought a bobber and the wiring was a mess and i had no spark today i ripped all the wiring off and i am wanting to simply fy could possibly help me out by telling me wat i need to do just for the ignition just to start the bike i am going to be doing the lights a differant way i just need to know wat wires and wat componets are nesisary for just simply starting the bike

Back