Brake disc switch to left side doubts

Guario33

XS400 Member
Reaction score
I have an 77' xs400D and bought cb400 t hawk II front forks which is a bike that has the brake disc on the right left side instead of the right side like the xs400. So I was thinking if i just turn the wheel so the brake disc is on the left side and then remove the tyre and install it facing to the front since I turned the wheel around there shouldn't be no problem right?
Tried to explain myself as best as I could. Let me know if i'm not clear enough and thanks for any advice.

little confused.

I think on some XS mag wheels there is a plastic cover on the other side which can be pried off to reveal threads for another disc... don't hold me to it, but i think I've read that on here before.

As I understand it, the wheels on our bikes saw use on a few different models, including dual-disc models, so the mag casting includes lugs for brake disc mounts on both sides.
18versus19.jpg

On the wheel on the left here you can see the little flat nubs surrounding the hub; those can have bolt holes drilled and tapped into them to mount a left-hand disc. Just make sure you measure extremely carefully. Take center point measurements off the other side of the wheel if you intend to do this.

Back