building a sidecar on a budget!

nick3227

XS400 Member
Reaction score
i have this vision a vision of me and my son riding on my asian sensation rat bobber its all camo out with the ammo box and al(not shown in pic just put it on)l! but the sidecar i think is the missing piece to the puzzle plus and would be cool to take the little lad around since he loves military stuff (influeced on him cause im a marine) give me ideas and insight i dont care how crazy! thanks!

should be interesting, there have been xs's fitted with side cars, check out the xs on TV section

how about a leaning chair, I am/was toying with this idea to put on the side of my gs700, but may have to sell the gs to fund the street tracker I have in mind
Mmmm.jpg

how about a leaning chair, I am/was toying with this idea to put on the side of my gs700, but may have to sell the gs to fund the street tracker I have in mind
Mmmm.jpg

ha ha that's a static picture. how the bike will look when you walk away :laugh:

Mmmm.jpg

That thing looks awesome it's the best of both worlds side car and carving the roads at the same time I'm wondering how that even functions I'm thinking like Clevis pins on bushings with like a spring return?

Posted via Mobile

ha ha that's a static picture. how the bike will look when you walk away :laugh:

As I sit here looking at the pic and putting all the fundamentals into play Im thinking good old fashion upright very little suspension side car is what I'm gonna stick to even though that thing looks sick

Posted via Mobile

I always wanted a sidecar on my 400 when I was trying to ride to work summer and winter. Figured it would keep me from laying it down in the snow and ice. I had a nice one lined up at a good price but it wouldn't fit anything less than a 650. Hope you can work something out, your boy would love it.

I always wanted a sidecar on my 400 when I was trying to ride to work summer and winter. Figured it would keep me from laying it down in the snow and ice. I had a nice one lined up at a good price but it wouldn't fit anything less than a 650. Hope you can work something out, your boy would love it.

Where did you find one at cause I would modify one if it came down to it and it was the right price

Posted via Mobile

Where did you find one at cause I would modify one if it came down to it and it was the right price

Posted via Mobile
This was years ago, but I see them around here from time to time. There are several people around here running them all the time, one on an ancient Gold Wing and another on a Beemer. If I see one for sale, I'll pm you.

there was a UK based sidecar thing called a Jaymic sidewinder, that rolled with the bike, it was used to circumvent the learner law allowing Lerners to have a bigger capacity bike on L plates

I remember them drewpy, mate of mine had one on a RD350LC. I have been looking for plans to build the framwork for a sidecar for a while now, but it seems like the holy grail to find them. I have a company name who build the leaning one's but they're in france, I also have some pics of a bike converted to hub centre steering with linked wheel on the side car, so when the front turns L or R so does the side car wheel.

the chips side car was by a company call equalean i believe... or atleast something like that

I'd like to see that contraption with a 200lb person in each one of those coffins,or a 120 lb person at any rate. lha

Back