Cafe

firegatejeeyamaha

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well after bike has been sitting for months cause the engine seized up pulled it into the garage after i clean the hell out of it. Going to go though the whole motor do a rebuild and refresh everything going to powder coat the case covers and alot of other stuff.

So i am looking for the most complete best set of gaskets i can find have any of you had better luck with one then another with it having all the gaskets o rings barrings and everything else needed to rebuild top and bottom end with splitting the case. If you guys could think of anything else during my tear down I would love to hear it so i dont miss anything this will be a non stop project till its done.

Pictures to come soon as well.

Well i completely tore the bike down today took engine all the way down to nothing in the process the bearing or the rings that are in with the connecting rod were messed up the rods were hard to turn and as well as all gauged up not sure what would have caused this but going to get it fixed

Well i completely tore the bike down today took engine all the way down to nothing in the process the bearing or the rings that are in with the connecting rod were messed up the rods were hard to turn and as well as all gauged up not sure what would have caused this but going to get it fixed

ouch! its sounds expensive

It might be but when its done there will be good experienced learned and and a good running bike when its done i was looking into some of the stuff you did on your bike and i might be doing some of the same casue its that cool like the cut out in the side cover

Back