Calling all computer gurus.

Scorpio1963

XS400 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Im having a problem when clicking pictures on this site.When I click on them all I get is a black page,anyone know how to fix this?Im also using win 7 if that helps.

I find it sometimes takes a while for photos to load (or render), so the square is black until they do. I'm not sure why but I suspect ppl are posting large versions and the forum software limits the size to what we finally see. Even a full sized jpeg straight from a phone will take longer to render than one that is posted at, say, 640 x 640 pixels.

That's just a guess and I've never loaded a photo directly from a phone so I don't know if there are any steps to chose the size of the image. I always upload my photos to Flickr and post a limited-size copy to forums.

How long do you wait for the photos?

I have 50mbps internet speed the pics normaly open up in a few seconds.Its strange that's its only happening on one of the 6 computers I have.This is my main computer and this used to never happen before till recently.I just reformatted my drive and reinstalled all the software and it still does it.:umm::shrug:
Ok strange I seen a pic on one of the threads today I clicked on and lol and behold it opened up normal just like it should.
Si what I have seemed to figure out is some pics will open and other wont.

Last edited:
Yes DMW its only on this site for some reason.For example the diagram you posted on my ignition problem thread will open but the one xschris posted wont:shrug:Seems to be working today though.Good thing is i have a computer in every room of my apartment so if dont work on one it will usualy work on one of the others.

Have been having the same problem with the blacked out image. I just right click and open the image in a new tab. Have experienced it on both Win 7 and Win 8 machines.

Back