Cannot get sproket to seat on hub.

87cody

87cody
Reaction score
Just re-laced my 16" rear wheel and I cannot get the new sprocket (or even the old one) to seat all the way down on the plastic washers. There is a machined groove in the back of the sprocket and it looks as it if fits over the hub studs. I cannot get mine to fit over them, it leaves the washers loose and the hub not completely seated. Has anyone else had this issue? Any ideas on what to do?

Should have plastic spacers sprocket then circlip. The spacers are still be able to move a little when you put it together, both of mine do. The sprocket should be able to touch the hub. Number 9 is all that should be between the sprocket and hub.

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 245
Yes, thats what is happening with mine. The plastic washers are still loose even with the sprocket tightened completely. I thought the sprocket should be tight against the washers. It doesnt seem to make any sense to have them there doing nothing at all.

Both of mine do this and have put 12k miles between them with no issues:shrug:

Thanks for the replies guys, my build would never have happened without everyone's help on here. Im just gonna go with them being a little loose.

Back