Can't get bike to run

zonk39

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Hi everybody its me again. Finally tried to start it up. It did, was running, but missing alot. I reved it up and it started to smooth out. Then it just stoppped. Tried to start it over an over and it would occasoinally backfire. Checked the plugs (new by the way), they were black. Cleaned them off. Tried to start again. Still nothing. Finally sounded run down, so I hooked my neighbors charger up. Plugs look fine, but bike will not run.
There is a small crack in the vacuum line right where it was hook up to carb inlet. Pushed it down more to hopefully bypass it. Now all it does is click even with the charger in start mode. Any ideas about why it won't run. Also, could the batt be so low even with the charger all I get is a click? Sorry this is so long, hope someone might have an idea. Thank you very much. Have a good day!

does it turn over if you kick start it? if it will only click it could be your electrical connections at the fuse box.. very common on these bikes.

If it will turn over check your fuse box.. if you have good power to everything short your solinoid to see if it turns over..

I am assuming you have taken off the carbs and cleaned them already.. that is always step 1 to get things started....

Back