Carb set up

YammaBobba

XS400 Member
Reaction score
I have the xs360 with the dual carb. Where does the vaccum lines from motor go on it and then the hose from under the carb go to. and is the gas line going to the left side of the carb right above the bowls? When you put this carb on the motor is it supposed to have a stupid tight fit to push on? Mine has a rubber gasket inside the intake and the carb has indents around it am i missing a part or do you just press really hard to get it on?

You have to push pretty hard to get the carb back into the manifold boots/ carb holders. Mine was removed with a little force, but I assume with new rubbers that have not been weathered for 30 years it will probabally be a tight fit too. There should be 6 circle clamps on the rubber "H" shaped adapter. Crank case breather goes in the bridge between air filters on the rubber "H". One of the intake manifold boot/carb holder valves should have a rubber cap while the other (it does not matter which one) will have the vaccume (smaller hose) line from the petcock. The fuel supply from the petcock (bigger fuel line) will supply the left side of the carb above the bowls.

If you run out of gas trying to get the carbs back (pun intended) on you should closer inspect if anything funny is goiing on with either of the parts or perhaps hit the gym!

Back