Carb troubles, dealers and shops wont service!? Pictures.

OnePhate

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
I've taken my bike into every mechanic in the area and none of them will service a bike this old, besides one, which was evicted while my bike was in the shop.
So now my bike is in pieces, and the carbs still aren't fixed. They told me the seat for my float needles is broken or something to that effect, so I did what any clueless person would do. I took pictures!
I also noticed that I have two different float needles. :/ The piece that attaches the needle to the floats is also missing. Where can I track down parts or get some advice?

This is a mikuni bs34 out of a '82 yamaha seca xs400r

Unless you have more arts somewhere else it looks like your missing your main jets, and maybe your pilot jets. You might want to check with that mechanic to see if he has any other parts of yours.
This picture is from one of the forum members mcrowell75
full

Here's a link to his photo album:
http://www.xs400.com/media/albums/55/

Came across an interesting video that might help.

Bcware just wrote a good post to answer another carb question, he seems to have become the resident carb go to guy, well deserved too. Check his post,#7.
http://www.xs400.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5548

Attachments

• user3144_pic272_1298118939.jpg
    user3144_pic272_1298118939.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 166
I do have the main jets, they just aren't in the pictures.
thank you for your help. That video will also be helpful. Unfortunately if I am missing any parts, I have to order new ones. The shop was evicted and they didn't give me any notice. They just pushed all the bikes outside and left any parts in boxes next to them and the police called me a couple days after this happened to inform me that my bike was sitting behind a vacant building(formerly the shop) dismantled.

If you have your main jets, bowls, pilot jets and float needles I don't see anything missing or broken from the pics. They still look varnished like they need a cleaning but other than that put them back together.

Back