CB350 for $250

nickklugs

Seems legit
Reaction score
Does anyone here think that a 1970 cb350 for 250 is a good investment? I found it on Craigslist and it is complete, has compression, and apparently the carbs are "really clean". It does look like it sat outside for a few months though. Anyways does anyone think it's a good deal?

sounds like a good deal to me, depending if complete and what condition its in. Post a picture of it if you can maybe? Basically if you can get it to run you cant really go wrong for $250 :)

Okay. I also found a cl72 for $150 that looks to be in slightly less good condition, but I think it would be cooler to have the vintage bike. This is the cl72 https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy/5392402856.html Also the guy doesn't know if the engine turns over or anything because I guess it was taken off it at some point. And on a 50 year old bike it's kinda important to know this stuff before buying one. I think I am going to go with the CB350. After all I'd rather have a $250 fixable motorcycle then a $150 "vintage" planter box for my backyard.

I built a '65 CL72 Scrambler model a while back. Very basic bike but weird early technology in the engine. The oil "filter" on the bike is merely a centrifuge chamber that spins so that contaminants get slung against the chamber walls. It works but requires oil changes every 300 miles! Those drum brakes were pretty scary too but it was an early bike in my building so I didn't prep them as effectively as I could. Definitely go for a later bike if you want to ride versus pose.

you can do whatever you like, depends on your taste. Those cb's are a popular platform to build from, so plenty of aftermarket bits for them too.

Back